talk to us on
Reporting An Injury 

If you get injured at work, you must report it to your employer immediately and to the WSCC. Here's a checklist of what you need to do:

  • Get immediate medical attention if necessary.
  • Tell your healthcare provider you were hurt at work and ask them to send your medical reports to the WSCC.
  • Tell your employer you are hurt.
  • Fill out the WSCC Claim: Worker's Report of Injury form and send it to the WSCC as soon as possible.
  • Ask your employer to send their completed WSCC Claim: Employer's Report of Injury form to the WSCC within three days of your incident (as per legislation).

You can learn more about the claims process by viewing the Claims Process Map.

If you need help filling out the form, or have questions, call the WSCC in the Northwest Territories at 1-800-661-0792, or in Nunavut at 1-877-404-4407, or send a detailed message to Northwest Territories Claims Services or Nunavut Claims Services. 

Other Resources: